Research interest: Creating coherence in the visual modality
- Native signer reference tracking in American Sign Language.
- Acquisition of discourse structure in hearing and deaf learners of American Sign Language.
- The role of gesture in narrative structure.
- Frederiksen, Anne Therese and Rachel I. Mayberry (2015). Development of L1 reference tracking after childhood: Knowing the pieces but not where they fit in the puzzle. Presentation at the 2nd International Conference on Sign Language Acquisition, Amsterdam, July 1-3.
- Frederiksen, Anne Therese and Rachel I. Mayberry (2014). Learning how to create a coherent ASL story: Insights from Native vs L2 Learners. Paper presentation at the 39th Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development, Boston, November 7-9.
- Frederiksen, Anne Therese, Marla Hatrak and Rachel I. Mayberry. Eliciting Narrative in ASL Signers. Poster presentation at Theoretical Issues in Sign Language Research 11, London, July 10-13, 2013.
- McNeill Lab. Center for Gesture and Speech Research, University of Chicago
- Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics Nijmegen
- University of Copenhagen Linguistics Department
Contact InformationAnne Therese Frederiksen
UCSD Linguistics Department
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-0108